There are two ways to apply:
The Call for Innovations is our primary call for teams working on a justice innovation.
If you: 1) have a team; and 2) are actively working on a justice innovation, or have a strong idea and commitment to work on it, this is the right place for you!
The Call for Talent is our primary call for individuals who can be leaders in driving justice innovation forward.
If you don’t have a team but have a very useful skill set and are very driven to make a strong contribution to justice ventures or justice reform initiatives, apply here!
To learn more about who can apply, our evaluation criteria, and the details of what winners receive, click here.
More about the 2017 Innovating Justice Challenge:
The HiiL Justice Accelerator has identified a few key «pain points» across the world, in which areas we particularly encourage applications:
Click on any of the pain points below to find out why this issue is important, and what types of innovations are creating justice in these areas.
- Crime and Law Enforcement — innovations improving relations between citizens and police or improving crime reporting
- Family Justice — innovations helping families solve disputes or injustices around, for example, divorce, birth, child rights
- Neighbor Disputes — innovations creating efficient, effective, and fair ways to solve disputes between neighbors
- Employment Justice — innovations addressing employment disputes, business formalization, work conditions or job security
- Migration Justice — innovations tackling injustices felt by migrants including rights enforcement, safe travel, and basic security needs
- Land Disputes — innovations solving land disputes over title/ownership or improving protection of property rights
Note that if your innovation does not specifically address one of these areas, you are still eligible to apply! Simply make sure to tell us how your startup 1) addresses a specific justice need in your community; and 2) has some sort of a legal element.
The HiiL Justice Accelerator particularly encourages applications from Africa and the Middle East.
The HiiL Justice Accelerator bases its work on the data gathered by HiiL Measuring Justice, regarding the most prevalent justice needs in a country. As such, we particularly encourage applications from countries in which there has been a recent Justice Needs and Satisfaction report: Tunisia, Ukraine, and Uganda. We are also committed to working with the extensive and network of justice innovators in The Netherlands where we are based; Dutch entrepreneurs are likewise especially encouraged to apply.
For more information about the Innovating Justice Challenge, or questions about the application process, get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Are you ready to apply to the 2017 Innovating Justice Challenge? Applications are OPEN.
Click here to apply to the Call for Innovations.
Click here to apply for the Call for Talent.